Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Musical Talents

As you have seen from previous pictures, Aidan likes to play the piano. Now, she is working on her singing and performance abilities. We really need to figure out how to post a video, because she is so darn cute right now. We have been singing songs with hand motions and Aidan is picking them up - and she's starting to sing parts of the song and repeat back verses. So, imagine, if you will, this cute little girl with still clumsy, but good for her age, motor control pantomiming and singing along with these greatest hits:
  • The Wheels on the Bus
  • Itsy Bitsy Spider
  • Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
  • If You are Happy and You Know it
It is way too cute! And, of course, we still have E-I-E-I-Oooooooo!

In other cute/try not to laugh because what you did was wrong news.... The McKee family has this game called "Hoot." I had never heard of it before joining the family and having a child. The way the game is played is that you get nose-to-nose and eyes-to-eyes with another person, look deep into their eyes and say, "HOOT!" Don't ask me why. Then you laugh hysterically - because it is just funny. Aidan and Christianne play "Hoot" quite a bit. It works best if one takes off one's glasses so as to get right up close.

So, the other day, Aidan was tired and wound up and had spilled the contents of a juice box on her clothes at the Chick-fil-A (yes, horrible parenting practices). We here in the bathroom and I had her on the changing table changing her clothes. She gets silly and decides to grab my glasses off my face, something she knows is a "no-no." I am expressing my frustrating with her while trying to keep this half-clothed child who is standing up on the changing table and trying to run in place from falling off the table while also attempting to regain possession of my glasses. As I am managing all of this, Aidan grabs me by the cheeks, turns my head to her, gets nose-to-nose and says....."HOOT!" What could I do but say "Hoot" back, laugh, and give her a hug. It was really cute.

We have Easter pictures. I promise to post them sometime. That's all for now.

No comments: