Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?

Monday, July 9, 2007

Ummmm....good!

I just thought I would update you, for those who are curious, about Aidan's latest food obsession: canned (yes, canned) peas, carrots, and green beans. She would eat them exclusively for every meal if she could. You should see her shovel them in - sometimes two fisted! Tonight, she also ate avocado (from a spoon as it is difficult to pick up) and black beans (only if she could feed herself). She also drank a whole jar of chicken vegetable soup (of the baby variety) and then, 30 minutes later, polished off a 5.5 ounce bottle. Can you believe it? Yesterday, I was eating some cold spaghetti with meat sauce and she crawled over, pulled herself up on my leg, and did baby bird until I shared with her. It was really cute. She's doing well with her tubes and her cold is almost over. I'm hoping that the tubes have prevented a new ear infection from the cold. Please God! One week until we go back to the ENT for a check-up. Tomorrow is the last day for ear drops. Aidan has been such a trooper with them. She never complained a bit. And I learned why you warm ear drops: if you don't it will make the little one dizzy and that's why the fuss. I carried the drops around close to me for awhile before putting them in and she thought nothing of it.

On an unrelated note, if anyone out there is thinking about using Zicam (the nose gel swabs - also Cold-eze one too) for cold, please reconsider. A dear friend of mine used it for 3 days and she has (temporarily, we hope and pray) lost her sense of smell completely. There appear to be a bunch of cases and even lawsuits out there, but I had never heard about this potential bad side effect. We think "natural" automatically means safe, but that's not always the case. Just something to think about.

Time to finish getting ready for tomorrow and hit the sack. Aidan's sleeping through the night again, but waking up at 5:00 or so. It is brutal!

No comments: