Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?

Monday, May 19, 2008

Much better weekend

Aidan had a much better weekend this go around. Only one time out yesterday. And a bedtime lesson. It was so sad, I almost didn't have the heart to go through with it, but it worked. Aidan has two things she has to do at bedtime on her own: 1) put her shoes away and 2) put her clothes in the hamper. She decided that she wanted to do everything but those two things, so Christianne and I said, "We are going to leave and when you have put your shoes and clothes away, we will come back." Aidan started crying really hard when we left and we stood outside her room and out of sight. Soon we hear footsteps (along with sobbing) and, sure enough, she is putting her shoes and clothes away. We came back in, just as we had promised, and gave her lots of hugs. It is so much better than fighting with her, but I sure hate to upset her like that.

We learned this morning that the Pacifier Fairy really does exist. I got Aidan out of her crib this morning and asked her if she wanted to snuggle for a few minutes in the big bed. She was leaning over my shoulder as she said, "OK" (her new word). The next thing I hear from her is "Oh no!" and her pacifier is not in her mouth. We get on the floor and look under the crib and under the big bed and around on the carpet (her room's not that big!) and I can't find it anywhere. I can only conclude that the Pacifier Fairy swooped in and took it away to a little newborn who needs it. We only have one pacifier because we are getting ready to give them up anyway and I didn't want to buy more. I'm not sure what we'll do tonight. Maybe the Fairy will bring it back tonight, or Aidan will use another one of her new words, "Sad."

No comments: