Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Crazy daredevil girl

So, last week, Aidan resumed her sliding activities. I had visions of being able to be like the other parents I see: sitting quietly on a bench, leafing through a parenting magazine or talking to another parent, while my daughter attentively climbed up to the slide, sat down with her feet in front of her, and slid down the slide. Yesterday dashed those hopes for a while.

Aidan decided to go down the slide again. The first two trips were great, feet out, perfect. Then she decided to get brave and a little crazy. She spent most of the rest of her trips down the slide coming down head first on her tummy, yelling "Wheee!!!!!!" all the way down. And she loved being caught at the bottom and swung up in the air. Of course, if I hadn't been there to catch her, she would have landed on her face. I don't think she's figured that out yet. I'm hoping next time will be back to feet first, but it also kind of cool to have a little one who is so willing to throw herself into life.

1 comment:

Pambi said...

That's neat that she so throws herself into life, but makes you NOT a bench mommy! ;)